MCA – Master of Computer Application
MCA (Master of Computer Applications) equivalent to Master of Science in computers is a postgraduate program that focuses on developing a strong foundation in computer application development, software engineering and related technologies.
Parishkar College have applied for an MCA course for 2023-24, through AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education). AICTE is a statutory body that oversees the technical education system in India and accredits institutions that offer technical education. Parishkar College has always been keen to introduce and deliver employable courses to the students. The college will run MCA course under the status of Autonomous, which will assure the students to maintain high academic standards and produce quality research outputs.The main advantage of the autonomous system is that it allows institute to be more responsive to the needs of their students and the industry. It also fosters a culture of innovation, where faculty and staff are empowered to experiment with new teaching and research methodologies, and to continuously improve their programs.
What will I Study
MCA Course features:
- Curriculum: MCA course curriculum is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of computer applications and software development. It covers subjects with specialization such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Programming Languages, Software Engineering, Database Management, Web Technologies, Networking, Cyber Security and more.
- Duration: MCA course is a three-year program, divided into six semesters.
- Eligibility: The minimum eligibility for MCA is a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Industry exposure: MCA course provide students with opportunities to work on real-world projects, internships, and industry collaborations giving them exposure to the latest technologies and trends in the field.
- Career opportunities: After completing MCA program, graduates can pursue a career in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Software Development, Software Engineering, Database Management, Web Development, Mobile Application Development, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security and more.
- Research opportunities: MCA graduates can pursue research opportunities in various areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Machine Learning, and more.
Teaching Methods: (Pedagogy)
Parishkar College has devised a unique method of teaching-learning in the course of MCA. Instead of making students passive listeners by merely giving lectures in the classroom, the teachers of sophistication try to make students continuously active by adopting student-centric teaching method. Different types of activities are conducted to keep the students active in many ways:
- Finding key words in a sentence.
- Finding the main idea in a paragraph.
- Motivating the students to solve objective questions from the lesson by themselves through the study sheet.
- Getting the concepts of the lesson evaluated.
- Encouraging students to give presentations in the class.
- Special emphasis is laid on interactive classes, group discussions, open house discussions, debates and analytical and creative answer writing to develop analytical thinking in the students for Mains examinations and interviews for exams like IAS, RAS.
- Online classes are additionally being made available to the students so that even if the student is not able to come to college due to corona, other illness or any other personal reason, he can watch the quality lectures prepared by the teachers of sophistication on his Android mobile sitting at home and continue his studies.
- Checking with Study Sheets, Online Test, Mid-Term Test and Pre-University Examination, knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the students, they are removed through the teaching process.
- Thus we believe that education is effective, creative and fun filled when the processes of teaching, learning and assessment go hand in hand. Hence students are assessed informally every day and tested through OMR test every two weeks.
Where will MCA Take Me
Career Job prospects after MCA
MCA students can be recruited by following Companies:
After doing MCA endless possibilities of Career are open in front of the student like:
- IAS, RAS (Administrative Services)
- College Lecturer (College Lecturer)
- School Lecturer (School Lecturer)
- Teacher Grade-II (Teacher Grade Second)
- Teacher Grade-III (Teacher Grade Third)
- Bank PO, Bank Clerk (Bank Services)
- Indian Railway
- SSC (Income Tax Inspector, Custom Officer, Revenue Officer, CBI etc.)
- Food Corporation of India
- Police Sub-Inspector
- Army, BSF (Defence Services)
MCA students Can also make their careers in the following streams :
- Parishkar College regularly organizes training and placement camps to help present and passed out students also to find suitable jobs in private sector also.
- Thousands of students of Parishkar College are working on the post of RAS, RPS, RCS Police Sub-Inspector, College Lecturer, School Lecturer, Teacher Second Grade, Teacher Third Grade, Junior Accountant, Patwari, Clerk.
- Many students of Parishkar College are successfully working in the corporate sector as: Bank PO, Bank Clerk, Executive Officer, Manager in BPO sector etc.
- Parishkar College students have a lot of potential and definitely have a bright future ahead of them.
After completing an MCA (Master of Computer Applications) degree, you will have a range of career opportunities available to you in the field of computer science and information technology.
Some of the most common career paths for MCA graduates include:
1. Software Developer: You could work as a software developer, designing, developing, and maintaining software applications for a variety of industries.
2. Web Developer: You could work as a web developer, designing and developing websites and web-based applications.
3. System Analyst: You could work as a system analyst, analyzing an organization’s computer systems and procedures and recommending solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
4. Database Administrator: You could work as a database administrator, managing and maintaining an organization’s databases to ensure data security and availability.
5. Network Administrator: You could work as a network administrator, managing an organization’s computer networks, including hardware, software, and security protocols.
6. IT Manager: With an MCA degree, you could also pursue a career as an IT manager, overseeing an organization’s technology infrastructure and leading teams of IT professionals.
7. Information Security Analyst: You could work as an information security analyst, protecting an organization’s computer networks and systems from security breaches and cyber attacks.
8. Academia: You could also consider pursuing a career in academia, teaching and researching in the field of computer science and information technology.
Parishkar College MCA students will have edge over advantages in their career:
1. Job opportunities: An MCA degree can open up a plethora of job opportunities in various sectors like IT, software development, database management, web development, in India and abroad.
- High salary: MCA graduates are in high demand, and they can command a high salary package in the industry. The average salary of an MCA graduate in India is around Rs. 6 lakhs per annum, but it can go up to Rs. 20 lakhs per annum in top companies, and much more in abroad.
- Career advancement: An MCA degree can help you advance your career in the field of computer applications. With an MCA degree, you can pursue a career as a software engineer, database administrator, system analyst, web developer, etc.
- Entrepreneurship: MCA graduates can also start their own IT companies and become entrepreneurs. The MCA course provides them with the necessary skills and knowledge to develop and manage software projects and run a successful IT business.
- Research opportunities: MCA graduates can pursue a career in research and development in the field of computer applications. They can work in research organizations, government agencies, and academic institutions.
Passed any graduation degree (e.g.: B.E. / B.Tech./ B.Sc / B.Com. / B.A./ B. Voc./ BCA etc.,) preferably with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduation level.
Obtained at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying examination.
(for students having no Mathematics background compulsory bridge course will be framed by the respective University/ Institution and additional bridge courses related to computer subjects as per the norms of the concerned University).
- *As applicable and applied as in the prescribed admission form*
Skilled & Qualified
HOD-CS & IT