Introduction to Ph.D
Granted Autonomous Status to the College necessitates the establishment of higher degree programs, which is swiftly fulfilled. The inception of the Ph.D. program started with the bugle call of Ph.D. registration in September 2022, followed by the completion of the process and the beginning of coursework in January 2023.
The Parishkar College provides a framework for intellectual thinking and a research-oriented atmosphere with access to potential resources to fulfill the desired research objectives of the scholar.
Research contributes content to teaching and it has been taken as top priority in Parishkar. Any quality research is an outcome of quality teaching. Keeping this in mind, Parishkar College engages it’s faculty in sound research, as well as students from undergraduate level.
- Aim of promoting research is to enhance the social and economic relevance of education as well as fill the gap between industries and education sector to promote employment.
- Involving students from undergraduate level in research activities which develops insight into attributes that they need to imbibe to grow as a researcher.
Providing direction and to ignite their young minds that develops an impetus to pursue research as a career. The main vision is to encourage and support socially relevant and need based research coupled with human values.
- Admission to Ph.D. programs at Parishkar College is conducted twice a year, for the January and July sessions. A Ph.D. program is offered in two modes: full-time and part-time, and not in a distance learning mode. Hence, coursework participation in various interactions, submission of progress reports through presentations, etc., on a regular basis is mandatory during the program. A full-time Ph.D. scholar shall mean a candidate devoting full time to completing the requirements of the program, and a part-time Ph.D. scholar shall mean a candidate who is devoting a part of their time towards the pursuit of the program while discharging their official/employment obligations.
- The Ph.D. program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including coursework, and a maximum duration of six years from the date of admission, as well as other clauses as stated by UGC.
- Parishkar College encourages interdisciplinary research and the exchange of ideas and knowledge in various related fields. Consequently, scholars may have a Co-Guide from outside Parishkar College as per UGC rules. The main Guide for the scholar during the Ph.D. program will be from Parishkar College, appointed based on the research topic and Guide availability. Full-time Ph.D. enthusiasts have the opportunity to work as research fellows in various ongoing prestigious research projects in the college.
- Our Ph.D. program guidelines strictly adhere to the latest Gazette notification of the “UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedures for the Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulation, 2022.”
- The framework of “Parishkar College of Global Excellence (Autonomous) Standards and Procedures for the Award of Ph.D. Degree Regulations, 2022” incorporates all steps for the effective evaluation and conduction of the program. The final degree will be conferred under the affiliation of the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.