B.Sc. (Hons) – Bachelor of Science
B.Sc. (Hons) is Three years full time degree course divided into six semester. B.Sc. (Hons) programme is oriented towards research and scientific studies in a particular area of science. Student willing to build a career in Industry and research can opt this programme.
B.Sc. (Hons) student will study a subject in greater depth than B.Sc. pass course. B.Sc. (Hons) is related to exclusive study of one course (Core + DSE) with generic electives.
The Course is offered in the following streams- Botany, Chemistry, Zoology, Physics, Mathematics and Geography.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POS)
- Disciplinary knowledge: Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understand basic concepts, experimental results and fundamental principles of chemistry and their relevancy in the day-to-day life that form a part of an undergraduate programme of study.
- Communication skills: Express thoughts and ideas effectively and are able to comprehend and write effective reports and make effective presentations.
- Critical thinking: Collect data and drawing a conclusion to analyze various scientific problems and design their solutions.
- Problem solving: Expand from what one has learned and apply it to solve different kinds of non-familiar problems in day-to-day life.
- Analytical reasoning: Analyze and interpret data, draw valid conclusions and support them with valid examples.
- Cooperation/Team work: Facilitate cooperative effort on the part of a group and act together as a group or a team in the interests of a common cause like performing a lab experiment, assignments and group activities etc.
- Information/digital literacy: Access, evaluate, and use of relevant information sources and use of appropriate softwares like Chemdraw, MS Excel etc.
- Self-directed learning: Engage in independent and self-directed learning to get in-depth knowledge through e-learning resources and MOOC courses.
- Scientific reasoning: Acquire reasoning and problem solving skills to analyze, interpret and draw conclusions from quantitative/qualitative data to support decision-making and problem solving strategies.
- Moral and ethical awareness/reasoning: Embrace and practice honesty in one’s life, avoid unethical behavior such as fabrication, falsification or misrepresentation of data and adopting unbiased and truthful actions in all aspects of work.
- Leadership readiness/qualities: Formulate an inspiring vision and build and motivate a team to achieve it in a smooth and efficient way.
- Lifelong learning: Develop knowledge and skills for personal development and adapting to change in demands of work place through skill development.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Apply academic knowledge, analytical skills, and research-oriented talents as a content writer, quality controller, analyst, and research assistant and can compete for NTPC, ONGC, forensic scientist, and other government exams, etc.
- Develop problem-solving and analytical skills that enable students to establish.
- A small scale industry to manufacture products used in daily life such as soaps, detergents, cosmetics, and so on.
- Testing laboratories for analyzing water, soil, heavy metals, etc.
- Appraise the basic concepts of chemistry and allied courses to qualify for various entrance examinations such as: M.Sc., B.Ed., IIT JAM, etc
What will I Study
Teaching Methods: (Pedagogy)
Parishkar College has devised a unique method of teaching-learning in the course of B.Sc.(Hons). Instead of making students passive listeners by merely giving lectures in the classroom, the teachers of sophistication try to make students continuously active by adopting student-centric teaching method. Different types of activities are conducted to keep the students active in many ways:
- Finding key words in a sentence.
- Finding the main idea in a paragraph.
- Motivating the students to solve objective questions from the lesson by themselves through the study sheet.
- Getting the concepts of the lesson evaluated.
- Encouraging students to give presentations in the class.
- Special emphasis is laid on interactive classes, group discussions, open house discussions, debates and analytical and creative answer writing to develop analytical thinking in the students for Mains examinations and interviews for exams like IAS, RAS.
- Online classes are additionally being made available to the students so that even if the student is not able to come to college due to corona, other illness or any other personal reason, he can watch the quality lectures prepared by the teachers of sophistication on his Android mobile sitting at home and continue his studies.
- Checking with Study Sheets, Online Test, Mid-Term Test and Pre-University Examination, knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the students, they are removed through the teaching process.
- Thus we believe that education is effective, creative and fun filled when the processes of teaching, learning and assessment go hand in hand. Hence students are assessed informally every day and tested through OMR test every two weeks.
Where will B.Sc. (Hons) Take Me
Career Job prospects after B.Sc. (Hons)
B.Sc. (Hons) students can be recruited by following Companies:
After doing B.Sc. (Hons) endless possibilities of Jobs career are open in front of the student like:
- IAS, RAS (Administrative Services)
- College Lecturer (College Lecturer)
- School Lecturer (School Lecturer)
- Teacher Grade-II (Teacher Grade Second)
- Teacher Grade-III (Teacher Grade Third)
- Bank PO, Bank Clerk (Bank Services)
- Indian Railway
- SSC (Income Tax Inspector, Custom Officer, Revenue Officer, CBI etc.)
- Food Corporation of India
- Police Sub-Inspector
- Army, BSF (Defence Services)
“The edge of B.Sc.(Hons) program provides me with a more in-depth and comprehensive understanding of the field of study. This allows me to develop a deeper understanding of the subject matter, which can be beneficial for further study and career. Honours program often requires us to complete an independent research project or thesis. This experience helps us develop valuable research skills, such as data analysis, critical thinking, and communication. “
Jitendra kumar - B.Sc. (Hons)
B.Sc. (Hons) students Can also make their careers in the following streams :
- Parishkar College regularly organizes training and placement camps to help present and passed out students also to find suitable jobs in private sector also.
- Thousands of students of Parishkar College are working on the post of RAS, RPS, RCS Police Sub-Inspector, College Lecturer, School Lecturer, Teacher Second Grade, Teacher Third Grade, Junior Accountant, Patwari, Clerk.
- Many students of Parishkar College are successfully working in the corporate sector as: Bank PO, Bank Clerk, Executive Office, BPO etc.
- Parishkar College students have a lot of potential and definitely have a bright future ahead of them.
The Educational and Job Career prospects after completing a B.Sc. (Hons) degree can be diverse, depending on the specialization and interests of the student.
Some common career paths for B.Sc. (Hons) graduates include:
1. Research Scientist: With a B.Sc. (Hons) degree, graduates can work as research scientists in various fields, such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, environmental sciences, and many more.
2. Data Analyst: B.Sc. (Hons) graduates with a degree in mathematics, statistics, or computer science can pursue a career as a data analyst. Data analysts help companies to make informed decisions by analyzing large amounts of data.
3. Science Writer/Journalist: Graduates with excellent communication skills and a passion for science can become science writers or journalists. They can write articles for newspapers, magazines, and websites, or work as science correspondents for news organizations.
4. Science Educator: B.Sc. (Hons) graduates can also work as science educators in schools, colleges, or universities. They can teach science subjects and inspire the next generation of scientists.
5. Medical Representative: Graduates with a degree in life sciences or related fields can work as medical representatives for pharmaceutical companies. They promote and sell medicines and medical equipment to healthcare professionals.
6. Quality Control Officer: Graduates with a degree in chemistry or related fields can work as quality control officers in industries such as food, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals. They ensure that products meet regulatory standards and are safe for consumers.
These are just a few examples of the career paths available to B.Sc. (Hons) graduates. With hard work, dedication, and continuous learning, the possibilities are endless.
Eligibility for Admission:
- Candidate securing at least 48% marks in aggregate in the Senior Secondary Examination of the Secondary Board of Education of Rajasthan or any state or any other recognized Board as equivalent with Science Biology or Mathematics as optional subject fulfilling the order requirement for admission.
- Eligible candidates get direct admission to the course fulfilling the above criteria.
Process of Admission:
- Fill up the admission form, online or offline and follow the prescribed procedure.
|Program Name||Program Duration||Yearly Tuition Fee||Games & Sports||Net Payment (Boys)|
Admission time (Boys)
|Fee for girls after 20% Scholarship on tuition Fee (Only for Ist Year Pass Course)|
|B.Sc. (Pass Course)||3 Years||35000||200||35200||25200||10000||Rs. 28200/-|
(Ist installment) Rs. 18200/-
(IInd installment) Rs. 10000/-
(Data Science/ Nano Science/ Renewal Energy/ Herbal Science/ Applied Microbiology/ Healthcare & Management/ Sports Science)
|3 Years||45000||200||45200||35200||10000||Rs. 45200/-|
(Ist installment) Rs. 35200/-
(IInd installment) Rs. 10000/-
|4 Years||45000||200||45200||35200||10000||Rs. 45200/-|
(Ist installment) Rs. 35200/-
(IInd installment) Rs. 10000/-
Skilled & Qualified
Dean Of Science & HOD-Zoology