Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Education
The Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. program, combining Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Education degrees, is a comprehensive four-year undergraduate program. Its primary objective is to provide students with a profound understanding of diverse subjects such as General Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, and Zoology, employing a pedagogical approach.
Aligned with the guidelines set by the NCTE, this program aims to cultivate highly competent educators for the development of the nation. Over the course of four years, students concurrently pursue their graduation in Science and Education, enabling them to save a year of study. The program incorporates practical experiences through a four-week internship in the third year and a 16-week internship in the fourth year, both conducted in schools. These internships offer invaluable hands-on experience, emphasizing the principles of educational philosophy, learning theory, practical application, and effective classroom management. The program equips students with theoretical knowledge and practical skills across various scientific disciplines, nurturing their problem-solving abilities.
Resilience is a fundamental tenet of this program, reflected through the provision of diverse elective courses. To foster personality development and ensure familiarity with ICT (Information and Communications Technology), Enhancing Professional Capacities (EPCs) are introduced. The program further enhances practical proficiency by integrating a twenty-week internship program, which includes a four-week period dedicated to school observations, thereby offering authentic learning experiences.
Objectives of the college:-
- Integrate general studies encompassing science, social sciences, humanities, and professional studies to provide future teachers with a strong foundation.
- Maintain a balance between theoretical and practical components of the program, representing the broad knowledge base required of a school teacher.
- Endow prospective teachers with competencies, skills, and research experience needed to become effective, competent, and dedicated educators for the upper primary and secondary stages of school education.
- Equip prospective teachers with integrity, inclusiveness, and ethical values to sensitize them to emerging issues such as the environment, gender equality, human rights, and more.
- Foster responsible citizenship by addressing and engaging with relevant societal concerns.
Objectives of Learners
Curriculum and Planning:
- Design meaningful goals and objectives for learning by applying knowledge of core content and pedagogy.
The Learner and Learning Environment:
- Develop an understanding of cognitive, social, and emotional skills.
- Assess individual differences to understand how students view, develop, and make sense of subject matter.
- Deliver meaningful learning experiences by integrating knowledge of content, pedagogy, and the learning environment.
- Engage in a reflective instructional cycle: planning, instructing, assessing, and applying various assessment strategies.
Professional responsibilities for School and Community:
- Build teacher leadership qualities through participation in the school’s mission, strategic planning/improvement process, curriculum initiatives, student support, and management systems.
- Maintain an environment that fosters student learning and demonstrate a commitment to ethical and responsible behavior.
Professional responsibilities towards ICT in teaching:
- Use Information and Communications Technology (ICT) effectively.
- Design, implement, and assess learning experiences to enrich professional development and provide positive models for students, colleagues, and the community.
Culturally Responsive Teaching Practice/Inclusive Education:
- Formulate culturally responsive teaching practices to support all students, regardless of barriers related to race, geographic location, special needs, and economic background.
What will I Study
|Year||Compulsory Subjects||B.Sc. (Optional Subjects) Choose any three|
|1||1. General English 2. Childhood & Growing up 3. Comporary India & Education 4. Instructional System & Educational Evaluation||1. Physics 2. Chemistry 3. Maths. 4. Botany 5. Zoology|
|II||1. General Hindi 2. Knowledge & Curriculum 3. Learning & Teaching 4. Peace Education||Same As Above|
|III||1. Elementary Computer Application (ICT) 2. Language across Curriculum 3. Guidance & Counselling in School 4. Pedagogy of School Subject (Choose any one)*||Same As Above|
|IV||1. Environment Studies 2. Creating& Inclusive School 3. understanding Discipline & Subjects 4. Physical Education & Yoga 5. Gender School & Society 6. Assessment for Learning 7. Pedagogy of School Subject (Choose any one)*|
Teaching Methods: (Pedagogy)
Parishkar College has implemented an innovative approach to teaching and learning in the BSc. B.Ed course. Rather than relying solely on traditional lecture-based instruction, the college’s educators employ a student-centric teaching method, encouraging active participation and engagement from the students throughout the learning process. Various activities are implemented to engage students actively and stimulate their participation in multiple ways. These activities include:
- Finding key words in a sentence.
- Finding the main idea in a paragraph.
- Motivating students to solve objective questions from the lesson by themselves through the study sheet.
- Evaluating the concepts of the lesson.
- Encouraging students to give presentations in class.
- Emphasizing interactive classes, group discussions, open house discussions, debates, and analytical and creative answer writing.
- Providing online classes for students unable to attend due to various reasons.
- Assessing students’ strengths and weaknesses through Study Sheets, Online Test, Mid-Term Test, and Pre-University Examination.
- Ensuring a balance between teaching, learning, and assessment.
- Informally assessing students daily and testing them through OMR tests every two weeks.
Where will B.Sc. B.Ed Take Me
After doing B.Sc. B.Ed, endless possibilities of Career are open in front of the student like:
- IAS, RAS (Administrative Services)
- College Lecturer (College Lecturer)
- School Lecturer (School Lecturer)
- Teacher Grade-II (Teacher Grade Second)
- Teacher Grade-III (Teacher Grade Third)
- Bank PO, Bank Clerk (Bank Services)
- Indian Railway
- SSC (Income Tax Inspector, Custom Officer, Revenue Officer, CBI etc.)
- Food Corporation of India
- Police Sub-Inspector
- Army, BSF (Defence Services)
“It prepares for a career as a science teacher. Graduates of BSc. BEd. program will be well-prepared to pursue a career in teaching science, with a strong foundation in both subject matter knowledge and pedagogy.“
Mayank Sharma - B.Sc. B.Ed
A BSc. B.Ed. degree is a combination of Bachelor of Science (BSc.) degree and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree. This programme is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in both, Subject-Specific Knowledge and Teaching Methodologies.
Here are some career options that you can consider after completing your BSc. B.Ed. degree
- Teacher: With a BSc. B.Ed. degree, you can become a teacher in a primary or secondary school, teaching subjects like General Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology etc.
- Curriculum Developer: Curriculum developers work with educational institutions to create educational materials that align with the latest teaching methodologies. They design curriculum frameworks, develop lesson plans and create educational content.
- Education Consultant: Education consultants provide guidance and support to educational institutions and policymakers to improve the quality of education. They may offer advice on curriculum development, teacher training, assessment strategies, and overall educational improvement.
- Instructional Designer: Instructional designers create and develop educational materials such as courseware, videos, and interactive media. They aim to facilitate effective learning by designing engaging and interactive learning experiences for students.
- Education Researcher: Education researchers conduct research on teaching and learning methodologies. They explore different educational programs, assess their effectiveness, and provide evidence-based recommendations for improving educational practices.
- Content Developer: Content developers create and develop educational materials, including textbooks, e-learning modules, and educational software. They focus on designing content that is informative, engaging, and aligned with educational objectives.
- Online Tutor: With the growth of online education, online tutors provide educational support to students worldwide. They offer one-on-one or group tutoring sessions through online platforms, assisting students with their academic needs and helping them achieve their learning goals.
These are just a few examples of the career paths that BSc. B.Ed. graduates can pursue. With a BSc. B.Ed. degree, you can work in educational institutions, private companies, government agencies, and non-profit organizations.
Candidates securing at least 50% marks in aggregate in the senior secondary examination of the Secondary Board of Education, Rajasthan, or any other recognized board equivalent to fulfilling the requirement for admission to the 4-year BSc. B.Ed. course.
There will be a Pre Teacher Education Test (PTET) for admission to the four-year BSc. B.Ed. course in colleges of Rajasthan. It is arranged by the Government of Rajasthan through any government educational institution.
Eligible candidates receive college allotment through counselling conducted by the examining agency, after which these candidates report to their respective colleges.
- Prescribed by the state government
Skilled & Qualified