A World Class Theatre Presentation Activity.
- A world class activity, in a way, setting a new world record in theatre presentation, Aazadi (the play is based on the freedom struggle in India from the year 1857 to 1947, written by Dr. Raghava Prakash, the Director of PCGE) is a unique activity in the world theatre by any institution involving 1200 to 1600 newly inducted students. The students rehearse for about fifteen days, along with their regular subject classes.
- This play provides them a platform for not only a hilarious performance but also giving them encouragement to open up, confidence to face the spectators, to articulate in a forceful voice, to establish a fierce eye contact, to feel a vibration in the mind and in body, to internalize the strength of truth and non-violence, deep commitment, mass participation sacrifice and a constant positive hope for a triumph in life, in spite of many debacles, hurdles, odds, weaknesses and moments of apathy and impassivity.
- Aazadi is a very effective extra-curricular activity which transforms the students and the teachers into a more vigilant, studious, patient, innovative and bold learner. Having performed in this activity, many students appear to become a pathfinder of truth in life forever.
- Aazadi is not a drama, it is an innovative pedagogical device.
- Covid-19 has barred it but it would assume from session 2022-23.