Code of ethics for research
The research committee has made provisions for the Code of Ethics officially that are as follows:
- The research should be useful to the society
- The research work done by the students of the college under the supervision should be original in framing hypothesis with collection, analysis and inclusion of data.
- Data should be from primary sources preferably. If it is taken from secondary sources, it should be authentic and acquired from the agencies of high reputation.
- Data collected at the personal level should be verifiable at any time.
- The report should be written originally by the researcher himself/herself.
- The researcher should follow the high standards of research methodology.
- Strong efforts should be made in such a way that the gist of the report is published in a national/ international journal.
- If any student or teacher does not follow this Code of Conduct, he/she can be debarred from the research work by the decision of a sub-committee consisted of at least three subject experts and the college faculty. This sub-committee is constituted by the Research Committee.
Collaboration & MOU’s
PCGE has linkages with GENPACT, STRATADIGM, INFOSYS, TCS, ICWA, NSDC(for STAR) for the training of the students. The students are getting placement in various companies.
- The MoUwith Parwatibai Chowgule College of Arts and Science, Goa has provided us the opportunity to exchange our experiences on the use of IT in the teaching-learning process. We exchanged good teaching practices in science and the establishment process of science laboratories with Alankar Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Jaipur and Sophia Girls College (Autonomous), Ajmer.
Research is the soul of higher education; hence, research is the fundamental objective of PCGE education. It starts from the degree syllabus teaching practices itself.
- The teaching and learning in PCGE is research oriented with an aim to make our students researchers capable in solving all the problems of their lives. PCGE students study with the aim– “we are not born to replicate the things but to create and innovate new ideas” which is possible only due to the development of the research attitude and research culture provided by the college.
- All the essential facilities including proper infrastructure, library, Internet and equipments are provided to the faculty and students for research activities.
- Laboratories for Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, and Geography are rich in equipments and available for research activities.
- Books related to research are purchased every year as per the requirements of the teachers and the students.
- Research journals in all the subjects are subscribed for the library.
- E-library and INFLIBNET facilities including about 1.5 lacs books and about 7000 journals are available for research activities. Wi-Fi facility is available in the college.
- Faculty members and students are encouraged to participate extensively in the State/National/ International level seminars and conferences funded by the college management.
- Research culture is developed to promote research attitude among students and create their interest in taking up minor/major research projects.
- The college has applied to the University of Rajasthan for enrolment of research centers and for supervisors for Ph.D. work. After the approval a number of research centers shall emerge in the various departments of the college.
Impact of the research activities
Proper guidance is being given to the teachers and the students even for their small research practices to orient their attitude towards research, to help them, to formulate hypothesis, to prepare questionnaires, to conduct interviews, to collect the data, to analyze the data, to draw conclusions and to write a report in a proper order with explicitness, in a descriptive, analytical and scientific language.
- The teachers are oriented with research methodologies by many experts, and through model research papers. Many teachers of PCGE are busy in Ph.D. work with different universities.
- Some of the teachers are engaged in research work on significant topics related to their teaching practices. This is an innovative step put forward by this college to revolutionize the teaching methods through working on small research practices on teaching.
- Day by day classroom practices and learning achievements of the students are encouraged, which is the dire need of the country’s higher education today.
- PCGE is engaged in the development of the research skills of the faculty in terms of taking up projects, applying experimental teaching and learning processes combined with research aptitude and working on small research projects with more interest and involvement to encourage the students.
- The college ascertains that the research facilities provided in terms of the library, laboratories and equipment are used to the fullest by the students and the faculty. It is observed that a research attitude has been developed over all and inclination towards taking up research practices is increasing gradually, and more and more research work is to be materialized.Research Awards
- PCGE has instituted several research awards for the research performances undertaken. The college has distributed research certificates to 80 students for their research studies in 2014-15 and 583 certificates in 2015-16. Consequently, a number of students are coming up with a great enthusiasm to do such kind of research studies.
The Research Committee has taken a decision to honor the faculty with the ‘Shodh Sammaan’ (शोध सम्मान) including a cash prize of Rs. 5,000 by PCGE for completing a minor project as well as with the ‘Shodh Varidhi’ (शोध वारिधि) for completing a major research project including a cash prize of Rs. 10,000.
We have a research committee that works in a well defined policy to evolve research culture. Here, we:
- Develop research attitude in the students by searching key words in a sentence, key idea in a paragraph, key concept in a chapter, co-relate the concepts of the book to the life realities and finally construct new concepts out of the life-realities.
- Encourage students to undertake surveys and fieldworks under the supervision of the faculty of the college.
- Assign research projects to the students of undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Organize exhibitions on the research works completed by the teachers.
- Conduct sessions to share the experiences of field surveys and reports.
- Invite eminent professors to deliver lectures on research methodology and research aptitude to train the teachers and students of the college for research projects.
- Organize national/international seminars and conferences to promote the teachers and students to present research papers extensively.
Parimarsh (Research Journal)
Parimarsh is dedicated to inter-disciplinary research papers, primarily for the college teachers and students. It is aimed at to publish and promote small research activities also conducted by the Under Graduate and Post Graduate students of the college, besides regular publication of research papers of outsider researchers. It publishes the reports of the seminars also. We have made Parimarsh as refereed journal since its October, 2016 edition.
International/National Research Seminars
We have organized two International seminars and Six National seminars which were interdisciplinary in nature.