It is a programme to prepare the student as a competitor for various examinations and even for life. In PCGE, we have adopted Competition Syllabus as an additional curriculum. ‘The Competitor’ is for aptitude enrichment, including the studies of Mathematics, Reasoning, General Knowledge, English and Communication Skills and Life Skills. .
- A special cell for Competitive Exams The Competitorhas been established.
- The college has appointed additional faculty for Maths, Reasoning, General Knowledge, English (Written and Spoken) and for Personality Development (Special resource persons for drama, dance and interview preparations.
- The syllabus, notes and question banks are prepared and reviewed for these programmes every year.
- Competition classes are held for two hours every day.
- A test schedule is prepared and MCQs-tests are given on OMR sheets.
- Results through OMR machines are displayed on the same day or the following day.
- The teachers discuss the least attempted questions in the classes and provide additional academic guidance on these issues.
- It is a package of 19.5 months for graduate students. (5+5+5+1.5+1.5+1.5 months)
- Thus an enriched environment for competition is generated in the college from July to November every year and then our utmost focus is on the University syllabus from December to February.
- Summer classes are arranged for the students who are preparing for various competitions e.g. ICS, RAS, PSI, SSC, IBPS, Police, LDC, Acctt., Patwar, CAT, CPT, CS (Foundation), etc. from July to November for all the three years of Under graduation courses B.A., B.Com., B.Sc. etc. and two years for Post graduation courses M.A. and M.Com.
- Summer classes are also held from fourth week of May to first week of July every year.
- As a result, 1000 of students have been selected in various competitive examination from his college.
Honoring the curriculum of the University of Rajasthan, the affiliating University, PCGE students have been either toppers or merit holders invariably in the university exams for last five years, PCGE deliberately adopted Competition Syllabus as an additional curriculum e.g. BA + IAS, RAS, PSI and other courses; B.Com. + CPT, CS (Foundation) etc. details can be seen in ‘The Competitor’
It was adopted in 2006-07, the inception year of the college with 13 students. Since then, it has become a propounded and a systematic programme of the college. Perhaps, PCGE has been the first college of its kind in India, having competition-combined syllabus in 2006-07.
Now this programme is known as ‘The Competitor’ included in the ‘Best Practices’ of the college. ‘The Competitor’ is now an independent programme in its functioning e.g. curriculum development, text material preparation, teaching schedule, evaluation and feedback review system, placement of the students, with the help of placement cell (Pratishthan-प्रतिष्ठान)